Your friend just got engaged and what a beautiful thing! Oh so beautiful, and yet even the coolest of cucumbers can turn high maintenance when she is overwhelmed by the prospect of planning the most important day of her life. Luckily as her go-to friend you can come to the rescue with some thoughtful gifts to take the edge off.
Here is our round up of most thoughtful engagement gifts in Chicago:
1. Invitations: The tried and true staple of every wedding. A must-have with a million options. Give the gift of Village Paperie. They offer a personalized experience for couples looking to buy save-the-dates and invitations. A trip here is sure to help your bride navigate the sea of invitation decisions.
2. Jules is an amazing jewelry designer that pairs eclectic materials with distinctive metalsmithing techniques to produce beautiful, one of a kind pieces. Send a bride-to-be here to help her find wonderful bridesmaids’ gifts….maybe you’ll reap the benefits down the line 😉
3. She’s going to look beautiful on her wedding day no matter what, but who doesn’t try and shed a few pounds before the big day in front of the cameras? Get her a gift card to Core Chicago Pilates for a double play: stress zapper AND belly flattener.
4. If Pilates isn’t her thing maybe more of a mix will do the trick. The Dailey Method combines elements of barre, yoga, and core workouts that will get her the same results.
5. Charles Ifergan offers out-of-salon services that can make or break a wedding day for brides and the bridal party. Let’s face it: there’s enough to worry about during a wedding without coordinating a huge trip to the salon. Charles Ifergan has talented beauty technicians who can make sure everyone is picture-perfect, at very affordable rates.
7. What’s the most important part of any wedding? The Dress! Unlike what some our favorite reality shows would lead us to believe, buying the dress doesn’t have to be filled with drama and tears. Meringue is a newish boutique in Roscoe Village jam packed with elegant, vintage wedding gowns. Even better, the owner Kristine Engel designs custom jewelry to match.