Even if you’re more of a margarita or a mojito kind of gal, you can’t argue that an ice cold pitcher of sangria is the p-e-r-f-e-c-t summer al fresco dining drink. Time to get boozy.
You can’t go wrong with a classic red wine sangria recipe, so we’re sharing one of our favorites with you today—courtesy of celebrity chef (and TV host extraordinaire) Emeril Lagasse.
Wait for it… Keep waiting… And… BAM!
What You Need
- 1 bottle of red wine (use your food gift card at French Country Wines for a spectacular bottle)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 unwaxed apple, cored, and cut into thin wedges
- 1 bottle sparkling water, chilled
*** Check out Phoenicia Specialty Foods with your local gift card for some seriously delicious produce
What You Do
Combine all the ingredients—except the sparkling water—into a glass pitcher. Cover and chill completely, about 1 or 2 hours. When the table is set and the food is ready, add 2 cups of sparkling water to the sangria and drink the summer night away!
A Step Further
Bored with the regular old sangria you ordered with every meal during your vaca in Barcelona? Take it up a notch with some of these delish recipes we found on Pinterest (and can’t wait to try for ourselves).
- Blood Orange Blackberry Sangria – courtesy of Fabtastic Life
- Honeycrisp Apple Sangria – courtesy of Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Cucumber Mint Lime Sangria – courtesy of SohoSonnett
- Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria – courtesy of Averie Cooks